Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Moving, Again.

I really just wanted to write my thoughts down on recent events that have happened in our lives. I am sure people who have kind of kept in touch with us, or just see my posts about moving are just as surprised as we are. They probably think, 'moving again? can't they stay in one place?' Believe me, I feel the same way. Moving 7 times in less then 2 years is exhausting, the only good that has come from it are two things.



1. We get to move to all sorts of places, and experience just a taste of it. Get to know the locations we are in and to really soak in the place we have moved to. We try and explore the new area we have moved into, so we can at least say 'It was a nice visit, and now we have seen the area so I don't feel too upset about moving away.' Not only that it gives me a chance to throw away anything we don't need. I am not a hoarder, and if any of you know my father I am pretty sure I got that from him.

2. We also get to be blessed with all the kinds of people around us. People we have just meet, or just people in the ward always seem to pop up and come to our aid when I least expect it. I can't even begin to tell you the countless stories of moving trips where things have happened, and it just warms my heart and makes me eternally grateful.

Also whenever we move, for some reason I become anxious to the point of not eating. [No this is not a cry for help, or saying oh no Kristyna isn't eating!] I just have so many emotions, and things running through my head that I don't even think about eating. I got plenty of other things to occupy my mind then eating, I need to plan out what we pack, what is going to goodwill, how we will get it there. Are we getting a truck this time? Or are we just throwing everything out? What is my time limit? Can I do it by myself?
 

Just a few example of what is running through my mind during the times of our moves. Although I have to say this move, will be our last for a while. [cross your fingers] Here is the full story for those who don't know.



My husband has been gone most of this month on business trips to Vegas, Nashville, and now Texas. On one of these trips he was approached by his potential future boss. Matt probably thought they just wanted to chat, and catch up and see how his training was going. However they offered him a job starting July 1st. Shocked and excited, we were surprised by how quickly they wanted him. For you see the deal was that Matt was going to start his new position a year from now. Not..in a few weeks! The news was delivered to me when he got back and I started going into planning mode. Matt told me however that he would be starting later then July 1st so we had little more time. I was thankful for that, but I was sad that I had to quit my job that I have really enjoyed doing. Hopefully I can get one like it in Virginia!

Now all the 7 times that we have moved have not exactly prepared me for this. This time our move is a bit bigger, because Matt and I thought we were going to be in Arkansas for 1-1.5 years. So we had gone home and grabbed all of our wedding presents we never opened, all the furniture we had yet to use. [because up until this point I had bought goodwill furniture every time] So now Matt and I are planning this big move, and I am excited but nervous at the same time.



We also had something we never had before, a little kitten. I know it probably doesn't seem like a big deal to people who have pets, and take them places. But to me I have never had a kitten before, and I want this move to be easy on him. So we made the decision almost a week ago that he should come with us home on the plane. It would probably be easier on him then being in a car with us for 16 hours, and to be at our house with my mom taking care of him. I am nervous about him flying but I am sure he will be just fine, and hopefully he won't even remember this ever happened because he is so little!

All in all I am very grateful for everything that has happened with Matt and I these past two years of being married. We have learned a lot, and we have moved a lot and yet with each time I can't help but be more impressed with him and our love for each other. We make these decisions together, and work as a team to make all of this possible. For that I am truly grateful, and if I had to move cross country with anyone I am glad it is him.



So look out Virginia, here we come back! This time to stay for good [cross your fingers] because even though I have learned a lot from moving, I would really only like to do it one more time for the next 5-8 years. That would be to our new home..[ wish us luck in house hunting!]

Thank you to all our friends and family who have helped us with each move and have listened to our crazy stories of the unknown future. We are grateful for your help, and we miss all of you that we have left behind in our moves.



Fun date night ideas? I know I haven't posted much of it lately, this month has been crazy and so has the month before that. No worries I will post more date night ideas later. I really enjoy coming up with ideas and hopefully you can use some of my ideas for your date nights!

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment