Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Christmas Break

Just a quick post with some pictures of our time at home. We went home to Virginia for Christmas and it was a lot of fun! Pretty much excitement, from the moment we finally touched down after a 3 hour delay. The first major thing we did was go to a Capitals hockey game! It was Matt's first hockey game and he loved it, he even bought a hat!

We spent a lot of time with the family and for some reason I mentally decided that I don't need to take pictures while I was at home. I tend to forget because I am having too much fun. How stupid of me. We had a great time on Christmas Eve at my house with the whole family over. We did our tradition with the SOCK [a big Christmas stocking we call the SOCK]. It's a tradition in our family that my grandma and grandpa Whitesides did for the kids when we were younger. This year my Aunt Cindy did it for us grandkids and we had a blast once again!

Our Christmas Stocking Sock looks something like that, but it is green and a lot bigger. We go around the room from youngest to oldest and reach in and pick out things from the stocking. We can't look in the stocking and we only have a few seconds to pull something out. These are just fun little gifts that could be anywhere from a rubix cube, to a recorder, and the special surprise we all try to get is the money hidden in there! We cheered everyone's names and it was such a blast!
Then my cousins from Virginia Beach came into town and we played card games all night, watched Sherlock and just goofed around. During this time one of my best friends [who I haven't seen in over a year] Court came up from Florida and we spent the whole night laughing while catching up.
It was so great to see her and we almost cried when we first saw each other. My dad wanted to be included in the pictures as you can see. He sure is a funny man :) I also got to see another person on my break, as a lot of you might have guessed my sister and best friend Alanna.
She always loves to tease me and tell me she never gets pictures with me. Which is true, like I said I always want to take pictures but I am so bad at it when I am on vacation. So she got me on New Years Eve when we celebrated together!
All in all it was a great trip and we loved spending time with the family, and thankfully we didn't get sick this time when we were home! We only got sick..right when we got back to Arkansas. Thank you to both of our families for spending time with us and spoiling us while we were home! It was a lot of fun!

Ps. On regarding the ABC dates, we didn't go on ones while we were on vacation. We did however go out on a date night before we left to go home the next day. It was an H date and we decided we go see The Hobbit and go out to eat at Hog's Place. [A little diner here in town.]

So see you soon DC. We love and miss you already but we are happy to be home. Matt is continuing his training here with HP and soon we shall be moving back to Virginia! This year will be filled with adventures! I can already tell because we have plenty of things to decide for the summer. Happy New Year everyone! I am sure 2014 will be a great year for all of us.



 


 


I also just wanted to show a little bit of our Christmas Eve fun. We are a really loud family, and it shows in these videos. It was a blast, and I have to say I love my family so much.



No comments:

Post a Comment