Saturday, May 19, 2012

Goal

Alright first I would like to state I have set a goal for myself, to post on this blog at least once a week.
As a journal, or an update of some sort, and even to make me continue on my cooking spree.

First of all our photos came!


One of my personal favorites right there!

So I have been looking at all of them, 5 discs worth of pictures and I am so glad we have them all to remember our special day together!

Some things besides that has happened this week, secondly of all I finally got my diploma in the mail so I am an official graduate!



I am an Alumni now, so weird to think that just a few years ago I graduated high school.

Matt got his computer fixed and it is working fine for now, it crashed this past week due to the state drive...I believe. If I listened correctly? So he was stressing out about finishing his school work and doing his job. I on the other hand have been doing my nanny job this week, so far it has been going great but let me tell you kids are exhausting even just one of them. Besides I feel as though we both are trying to get to know each other, and she is trying to see what she can or can't do. 

Other than that this week as been great, nothing too exciting is happening in our lives this week. I know that there was a few things I wanted to mention in this blog but of course I forgot, I should have written it down before...oh well.

This week I made dinner for the Ballous, Keilwert's and our small family of Wehle's. [and get this my husband helped me too!] So on Monday Matt suggested I make the recipe that was inside one of our dishes we got as a present...and the dish is...

Bean Casserole! 

Of course this has a funny story behind it, and a dumb blond moment.

So in my mind when you say casserole I think, "alright so it has some sort of meat, and veggies, and all I have to do is side dishes right?"

Wrong.

First of all this dish is easy to make, and it only took 30 minutes all together.

Ingredients 

1 can [10 3/4 oz.] Cream of Mushroom Soup
1/2 Cup Milk
1 tsp. soy sauce
Dash of pepper
4 cups cooked cut green beans
1 1/3 cup french fried onions [tried to measure it..just ended up using the whole container..oppss! but everyone still loved it!]

Mix soup, milk, soy, pepper, beans and onions in your casserole container. [I just did a deeper set container because that was all I could find at the moment, the bean casserole is in the white one in the picture.] 

Bake at 350 for 25 minutes, and then take it out add the rest of the onions that are left in the container [like me cause it is delicious] bake for 5 more minutes, and tada! all done!

While getting the ingredients for this bean casserole believe it or not, I have never had this for thanksgiving like everyone says I should have. So while getting the ingredients and calling my husband about 5 times to make sure I had written all of it down right..I realized I was making just a vegetarian dinner. 

Sweet Corn on the Cob, Salad, and a Bean Casserole.

Way to go me.

So in a panic I called my husband down handed him some chicken breasts from the freezer, and told him to fire up the grill to add some protein in our meal. He smothered the chicken with bbq sauce and grilled it, then once it was done added some more at the end. 

Then a successful dinner was made, with the added protein. Oh goodness. 

Good thing he loves me!


Anyway I have been sick yesterday but I was too excited about my pictures so I posted them, until next week! 


No comments:

Post a Comment